Sunday, February 27, 2011

Inkscape More Tuts



I googled Inkscape Knots to see what others are doing with that feature and found this blogger/youtuber that uses Inkscape to make designs for die cutter machines. I don't know anything about die cutters, but must be used for crafts, scrapbooks, greeting cards, etc.

She has lots of interesting ideas using Inkscape's Interpolate, Tiled Clones, Live Path Effects, Outset, Inset/Outset Halo and more.
She uses Trace, Clip, Pattern to eliminate background on a bitmap image. (I probably would have used the Bezier Pen.)
She uses Interpolate Sub-paths to make Rhinestone designs. The circles don't get distorted as they move along the path.
But again, I noticed some odd behavior with the Path Effect Editor where it snaps things to the Top Left Page Border. So if things disappear off the screen, look there for your results.
She works on fonts and dingbats too. Shows how to edit and color them, make them thicker.

Carolyn from Brisbane, Australia:
Blogger
YouTube

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Marilyn,

I am Carolyn, thank you for the plug. I just found your website after playing with stitch sub paths and thinking it looked like string art. I help run a forum and I will be adding your site as good source for tutorials. I can't wait to follow them as you have some very interesting ones. I am going to enjoy learning. Thank you.

Marilyn said...

Hello Carolyn,
I haven't been working in Inkscape much lately, but I do remember your site had some good info. Nice to see you stop by. ~Marilyn