Thursday, July 30, 2009

White Milkwort





This is in the field but also on/in mowed grass areas roadside.
It's about the size of a blade of grass.
Sometimes it has a slight blue or pink/red tint to it.
I left the images soft.



npwrc
White Milkwort (Polygala alba)
Polygalaceae (The Milkwort Family)

There is also a Whorled Milkwort.
Seems to be more than one variety.
I didn't dig any further.
Polygala (Ambigua, Verticillata, Isocycla)

UPDATE 31 Jul 09:

I thought the usda tif files illustrated "whorled" leaves so well, that I made this summary image from them for my reference.



I used Layers and Layer Blend Multiply in Paint Shop Pro 9 to add the green background.

usda tif links:
whorled milkwort (Polygala verticillata L.)

white milkwort (Polygala alba Nutt.)



Just playin'.
Curlz MT font for text.
Spiral was a Preset Shape.
See Text on a Path

No comments: