Thursday, July 30, 2009

Walk In The Field Part 31 - Owl Clover





npwrc
Owl Clover (Orthocarpus luteus)
Scrophulariaceae (The Figwort Family)

Quote from npwrc:
I have no idea why this plant received the colloquial name "owl clover," although the rounded tops of the plants do resemble owls' heads, with the projecting flowers forming the "ears."

usda
Orthocarpus luteus Nutt.
yellow owl's-clover
Well, THAT pic really nailed it for me. I have pics very similar. Also see full size yardstick picture (That's inches shown.) I thought of that too. But my yardstick won't stay in the ground by itself and I can't hold it and take the pic at the same time. I'm thinking of making a stake out of it OR making a stake and marking it with measurements.

davesgarden
Pronunciation: skrof-yoo-larr-ee-AY-see-ee
Alternative Pronunciation: skrof-yoo-larr-ee-AY-see-eye

No comments: