Thursday, July 09, 2009

Chasing Sunrise Storm Clouds

Fabulous sunrise storm clouds.

Fire-breathing Storm Dragon with Storm-god in its mouth:


Didn't see the storm-god until I reviewed the pics.
I pumped up the contrast a bit to add drama and make the "fire" (sunlight) pop better. Made the "eye" of the dragon more visible.

This thing was h-u-g-e with wings. I couldn't get the entire thing in a pic.



I zoomed in with the tele--surreal:



I had two cameras around my neck, lol, my S3 for wider angle and my XSi for tele.
Looking at clouds with the tele is whole new cloud world. I often use it as binoculars when I'm out in the field.

The sunrise started out more calm with a dark fuchsia.



Then got progressively more turbulent ominous looking.



It did eventually storm, but nothing at damaging level here. Got a good soaking, which is good. And all of nature said ahhh...

No comments: