Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Walk In The Field Part 12 - Fleabane Flower

Continuing my field study of our land.

Taken with S3 Canon:






Next two taken with the XSi Canon:


These are actually teensy flowers, like white specks in the tall grass.



I think they are in the Aster Family
And probably some kind of Fleabane or Erigeron.

Several are listed as natives of North Dakota:
1. Cutleaf Fleabane (Erigeron compositus)
2. Manyflower Fleabane (Erigeron glabellus)
3. Philadelphia Fleabane (Erigeron philadelphicus)
4. Low Fleabane (Erigeron pumilus)
5. Daisy Fleabane (Erigeron strigosus)
6. Leafystem Fleabane (Erigeron subtrinervis)

I tried googling on those, but nothing really nailed it down for sure. But very close, I think.

Strong sun, high contrast (white blossoms) = blow outs and also some Chromatic Aberration (CA) or fringing with the S3 Canon. I shot underexposed on Manual. I did notice some CA with the XSi too, but significantly less. Paint Shop Pro has a CA removal tool that works really well and I used it on these white flower closeups.

No comments: