Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blender - Vase Tut

Ah, the vase was WAY easier to create than that submarine.



The vase is "sitting" on the same texture used for the vase. Deformed and layered in Paint Shop Pro.
The "wall" or background is soft cloud texture.
Yeah, I know, shading needs some work if I add this stuff, but nah.
If I would be more experienced, I could maybe create the table and background within Blender.

Now this one would have been fun to animate, just have it spinning around slowly so you could see all sides. I don't know how to do that yet, though. I fiddled with rotating X,Y,Z and that would not spin it around, so I think it's more complicated. Like moving the center pivot point and maybe setting a path for it somehow? I don't know.

How to render a transparent image? (Not in tut, me and Google figured it out.)



Vase Tut Unit 3

No comments: