Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Apo Julia Fractal



How To Make A Grand Julia
UPDATE 22 Apr 11: Dead link. Look for info here.

I haven't gotten too excited about these Julia/Julian fractals so far.
They seem popular.
But...
They tend to be dull and noisy. (Mine do anyway.)
The patterning is difficult to perfect.
They feel kinda dead/heavy to me.
Just not very alive and energetic.
Variations were all Julia and/or Julian type instead of Linear.
Some of the "julia" Variables are tweaked also.

Here's the screenshot summary reference I made.


I compared this Julia to the other Julias I've made and the triangles/transforms were quite different.
Tuts mentioned in my first Apo post.



Maybe someday I'll understand those differences better than I do now.
I'm still waiting to create a fractal that really WOWs me.
It ain't happenin' yet.

I've seen some amazing beautiful fractal art.

I sure hope I can make something like that someday.

No comments: