Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Apo Wing

Apophysis Wing Tut
UPDATE 22 Apr 11: Dead link. Look for info here.



The wing tut pretty much went as instructed, except it was rotated.
I liked the suggestion of using the Transform Editor Color Tab sliders to get the colors to radiate out.
Gradients are kinda funky in Apo. I can never tell what gradient is selected.

Transform Editor info etc.:



For backgrounds, I render transparent png and then layer in Paint Shop Pro.
I like something not quite black and a little texture in it, so I usually end up using the MuRa Clouds Plugin.
Then the stars are noise/threshold for the small fine ones and then ULead Particle Plugin for a few bigger ones.

I usually create duplicate layers of the fractals and then try different layering blends to pump up the colors.
The wing was duplicated and mirrored in Paint Shop Pro layers.

No comments: