Friday, January 09, 2009

Sierpinski and Apophysis Part 2

Remember this?



Quilt 1
Filter Factory Plugin
Gallery F, Magic Triangles Q

It's Sierpinski's triangle.

Yeah, those free plugins generate fractals.
If you have a graphics software program that can use plugins, that's an easier way to generate fractals.

One of the tutorials I mentioned in my previous blog post had another fractal I've seen in my free plugins.

She called it Sierpinski's Quilt.
UPDATE 22 Apr 11: Dead link. Look for info here.

Now I know I've seen that pattern in my free plugins somewhere.
Looking through my files I found some similar patterning in:

Filter Factory Plugin
Gallery S, Patches Factory and also Patches Factory Competition



Something fun to do with those is run them through a kaleidoscope maker.

From this (Filter Factory Patches plugin):


To this (Paint Shop Pro Kaleidoscope):


I used Paint Shop Pro's kaleidoscope, but Mehdi has a free Kaleidoscope plugin that's nice also.

I was working with purple and green colors, but these plugins make many different pattern colors.

Here's a different color scheme example.
From this:


To this:

No comments: