Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October Autumn


Got out for a photo walk. Perfect autumn day. Calm, Clear, Cool Crispy jacket weather.
Beautiful colorful autumn this year.
Still plenty of color out there, which is a little later than usual I think.
I'm glad.

Just pretty red:


At the right place at the right time:


Still some flowers out there:


These leaves were gorgeous in various stages of color. I call them gradient leaves.


This one house along the river always has something out for the different holidays and seasons:


Birds were active this day. I even managed to capture a chickadee photo since many of the trees don't have many leaves.
I saw robins, a sparrow, a woodpecker, and chickadees.


This is a not very good photo of a downy or hairy woodpecker. I'll post it because it's all I have so far of that bird.


Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)
cornell
Downies and their larger lookalike, the Hairy Woodpecker, are one of the first identification challenges that beginning bird watchers master.
enature

Nifty Striped Clouds:


Pretty gold on the river:

Bench in a bed of leaves:

No comments: