Monday, September 20, 2010

The Answer Man - Movie



Another ShowTime freebie movie worth watching.
This one surprised me, better than I thought it would be.
It's rated R because of the F word.

The Answer Man
Trailer

The song that played at the very end credits:
Don't Wait Too Long
Madeleine Peyroux - (Live in Los Angeles 2009)

Get your answers here (HA):
Script

Why can't I do the things I want to do?
There's so much I know I'm capable of that I never actually do. Why is that?
The trick is to realize that you're always doing what you want to do...always.
Nobody's making you do anything.
Once you get that, you see that you're free and that life is really just a series of choices.
Nothing happens to you.
You choose.

If God made everything, then why are some things bad,
like, for example, the whole pain-and-suffering thing?
Opposites...
without things that suck, you would have no idea what good was and therefore would be directionless.
You smell shit, and you walk the other way.
(That one makes me laugh every time. lol)

Do I have a destiny, or is it all free will?
Destiny or free will?
Free will... moving toward or away from a purpose.

I'm trying to stay sober and my dad won't stop drinking.
How can I love him even though he's selfish and he's scaring me?
Um, that's hard.
I guess what's getting in the way are your expectations...
If he would do "x", then you'd be happy.
It doesn't work that way.
I think you have to let go of that and maybe what you want will happen and maybe it won't.
Either way, you're better off.

How did "Me and God" come to be?
So one day I started to write the questions down.
And then some answers to those questions came to me and I wrote them down too.
Before I knew it, I had all these pages.
One thing led to another And that's how "Me and God" came to be.
That's it.

No comments: