Tuesday, September 14, 2010

4 Non Blondes - What's Up



One of my favorite songs.
I just happened to see it on a video site.

YouTube
4 Non Blondes - What's Up - 1992
(Apr11: Link was dead, so changed it.)

songfacts.com

Bass player Christa Hillhouse:
Linda's pretty organic in that way, she just sits down and starts singing what she's feeling.

...back then, she played acoustic guitar and all the songs she wrote she'd just sit there and here they'd come. A lot of people write like that. I write like that - a song is kind of there already and you're like the speakers. All of the sudden there's a song in my head and I don't know where it came from...

I remember when she was writing the verses to What's Up, she knew it so well, she thought she heard it before. I think that's why the song connects with so many people. What she was feeling she was able to translate. If you look at the lyrics, they don't mean anything. It's the way the song makes certain people feel.

No comments: