Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cleaning Out Firefox Bookmarks

New year, time to clean out Firefox Bookmarks.
First, gotta backup, which is more complicated than it used to be.
Luckily, I wrote myself a little how-to map last year, so it went quickly this year.



There are two files to backup.

1. C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
bookmarkbackups folder
Backup most recent *.jsonfile found there.
(Can Restore in Firefox: Bookmarks/Organize Bookmarks/Import and Backup/Restore)

2. C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
Back up the places.sqlite file, which is the current bookmarks file.
(Optional: backup the localstore.rdf file too.)

3. I also exported to html in the same menu area within Firefox.

That should cover it, in case I have to access/restore anything I delete.

Now I can start cleaning out my bookmarks.

Ref Link

No comments: