Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tacky is Good





This painting I picked up at a garage sale years ago for like a dollar.
I love it and never get tired of it.

I don't know the name of the reproduction I have. I'd have to take the back off and I didn't want to fiddle with it. I could not find a picture of it on the Net. But I did find info on Robert Wood Reproductions.

How to Tell a Reproduction
Reproductions
There are millions of Robert Wood reproductions across America and around the world...Today people inherit Wood reproductions from their relatives, and find them in thrift stores and swap meets. Unfortunately, because of the large quantities that were published, these inexpensive reproductions do not have significant value.

He was in California 1941-1962 so perhaps this scene is from that state?

This is what Robert Wood looked like in 1956.

No comments: