Sunday, August 30, 2009

August Landscapes2

Coal Train:

I like how the S shape of the train disappears into infinity.

Gold Blanket:


The gold blanket landscapes are probably wheat or barley. Barley looks "hairy" close up. Flax is darker, a pretty rusty brown color.

Down to the valley:


I confess it was a gray sky overcast foggy misty day, and I made the sky blue post-processing. The fog is more noticeable on the photo of the valley.

Straw bales are so pretty. They make me think of shredded wheat cereal. This one showed some cloud detail so I left the sky as is.



This next one is different day, different area. I was thinking the interesting view was on the other side of the hill and I took lots of photos of it. Then after driving past it, I decided to take a picture of the back into the sun and ended up liking that view and composition much better. Surprise.

No comments: