Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In The Trees Again

See notes below for tree id.



This one is good for leaf id.


Like a cascading bouquet (leaf id again):


While I was taking these pics the sun started to shine on the white flowers and then I got a distinct yellow cast on them. I definitely like my white flowers "cool". So I ran a Color Balance on some of them in Paint Shop Pro. Red tones down and Blue up equal amounts, green down slightly makes it "cool" toned.

Warm sunny toned:


Cool color balance corrected:


NOTES:
For tree ID, records show my choices are ash, plum, possibly elm.

ND place (not my county) says white blossom trees:

1. Princess Kay Plum (Prunus nigra)
showy white double flower clusters in early May

2. European Mountain Ash (Sorbus aucuparia)
white flowers in spring

Googling tells me neither one looks quite right. If I id for sure, I'll update this post. It's kinda fun investigating things I take pictures of.

No comments: