Sunday, March 04, 2007

Inkscape - Spiral Mania



This is a combo of various techniques I've posted about already.

NOTES:
I noticed tons of keyboard combos that do different things with spirals.
I don't know if this applies to all shapes.
I just started noticing it now.
And I don't know if this is all of them.
If I find more, I'll add it here.

With Select Tool:
Ctrl/Shift/Drag arrow - scale around center (static center)
Ctrl/Drag arrow - resize & preserve aspect ratio (side opposite arrow drag is static)
Ctrl/Drag Spiral - a snap to thing happening
Shift/Drag arrow - twirl and/or stretch- Hor or Vert depending on arrow (static center?)
Drag arrow - twirls also but in a different way. (side opposite arrow is static)

Inkscape is a lot more powerful than at first glance.
The more I work with it, the more impressed I am.

UPDATE:
See Inkscape Spiral posted 2011.

No comments: