Saturday, October 25, 2008

Waxed Poetic



"Waxed Poetic"

I was thinking how odd that phrase seems to me. Not something I'd ever use.

(I was playing around with Sculpture in Paint Shop Pro 9 and made the image above. I like it.)

Here's the dictionary meaning of "waxed."



Now Google it for word origin.

From alphadictionary:

Start with Proto-Indo-European "wegs" meaning "grow, increase"
[g] became [k]
[ks] is spelled X
wegs --> weaxan --> wax

And there you have it. Makes perfect sense now. NOT. Read the much more complicated explanation at the link above.

How about some tunes to go with that?

Wax Poetic is a band. And Norah Jones was a member.
Didn't know that.

Google search for Wax Poetic music videos at YouTube.

The song, Angels, is pretty good.
Different music.
I have Norah's "Come Away With Me" CD.

No comments: