Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Textures - Mehdi Filters

I love this texture.



How To:
Start with something that looks like this:
PSP Liquid Gold pattern fill Scale 150


Then add:
Mehdi Weaver
PSP Radial Blur Zoom
Duplicate Layer, Dodge Layer Blend, Layer Opacity 48

Here's another one I really like.


How To:
Start with something like this.
MuRa Clouds


Then add:
PSP Median 11 (blur)
Mehdi Flat Median (more blur)
Mehdi Fur 2 (circles)
Medhi Fur 2 again (O's)

(PSP = Paint Shop Pro 9)

I have usually used Gaussian blurs, but Median blurs are really interesting and I'm liking them better lately. The Radial Blur in Paint Shop Pro surprises me at how many different effects I can get from it. It has a bunch of adjustment controls.

LINKS:
Mehdi Plugins
MuRa Clouds

Mehdi has some really nice free plugin filters.
Here's a couple of textures I made with Projection and layered them together into one image.
I'm thinking it might be a good start on an abstract wallpaper.



Mehdi Gradient Smithy is fun to play with also.

Yeah, I've been into plugins lately, just cuz it's something different and it stimulates my creativity.

No comments: