Thursday, October 16, 2008

Zen Art





Going thru my fonts, I found this zen-like one called Far East Font, and happened to actually read the text file that comes with it, which explains how to use it. I thought it was pretty clever, and no, I did not know that's how you use this font.

Soooo...Remember that smart blur, unsharp mask art idea I've been blogging about? Well the art posted above is that same technique.

This is the original photo (crappy, did not like it):



I ran smart blur, unsharp mask on it, lightened it a bit, then cropped parts I thought were interesting textures.
Then I fiddled some, maybe did some minor cloning, maybe flipped, mirrored, or rotated the image so the finished image would look good with the text on the side.
Add the Far East Font (read sideways), white and black borders.
And viola, my zen art.

I like it.
I did a bunch more, but these are my favs.

NOTE: I could have added some drop shadows to the borders to give it a little depth, but I was too lazy to go back a redo it.

No comments: