Saturday, October 03, 2009

Color Masking A Photo

I'm digging around in my photography archives for possible photos to play around with.
Here's one I thought might be good for color masking.



I suppose there's a dozen different ways to do this.
I did it with masking and layering.

I greyscaled a copy, increased colors, copy/paste as layer on top of original color photo.
And then created a mask and used the airbrush to "paint" back in the color where I wanted it.
I like masking with an airbrush because it's easy to "undo" if I don't like it.
I didn't know where to stop with the coloring!
I have no idea what kind of plant this is.
There were these teensy "hearts" deep within this big mass of trees/bushes on a nature walk.
Zoomed in with my S3 Canon and got this shot (cropped).

I've blogged about the airbrush masking stuff before, here.

No comments: