Monday, August 13, 2007

Rocks and Water - Photo and Music

A study in shutter speed and running water.
Rock water fountain.



1/20 shutter speed gave this running water a smooth look.
This shot is fabulous at full size. (I think so, anyway.)
The colors and textures are so yummy!
I have no place to put large images online yet.
Optimized it too, to keep the file size down, so lower quality.
I'm feeling so limited lately. :)

Here's a close up snip of the above image. Not optimized.



SONG
Rocks And Water, by The Weepies
youtube
grooveshark

Seven times I went down
Six times I walked back.
And I don't fear the dark anymore
'Cause I'm become all that.
all that
all that
all that

I will be rocks, I will be water
I will leave this to my daughter
Lift your head up in the wind
When you feel yourself grow colder
Wrap the night around your shoulders
and I will be with you even then
even when I cannot see your face anymore

Don't forget the time
I wooed him with red wine.
The devil he wore such a fine, fine shirt
And it stayed so clean while he dragged me through the dirt
Now, honey, don't trust anyone who looks you in the eye
Don't take any kindness, it's a demand in disguise

Chorus

I have seen such things child
I have seen
I have seen
I have seen
such things, child
on this, and the other side.
Words cannot show you
the midnight owl it does not know you.
You will see for your sweet self
by and by.

Chorus

I will be rocks, I will be water.
I will leave this to my daughter:

No comments: