Saturday, March 09, 2013

Better Days

It's been like a barren desert for music lately.
OK.
Search the iTunes Store for songs with a certain word or phrase.
I tried "Better Days."
See if I can find something *new* that I've never heard before.
Too bad I can't refine it down to genre also.

(The *not* new big obvious popular one to me is:
Better Days, by Goo Goo Dolls.
Eddie Vedder previously.)



For NEW, I came up with:
Better Days To Come
By Lee Starr a 22 year old singer-songwriter from Texarkana, Arkansas.
Published on Jun 24, 2012
Hometown Blue Debut Album
(Country genre is usually not my choice.)
Even has the lyrics, thank you very much.

Lyrics:
Well I am stuck inside the walls of a lonesome town
But I dare not step out into the water, for fear that I might drown
Yeah I am stuck inside a place I have always been
But every time I leave, I end up right back here again

So I'll ride, yeah I'll ride all night
and I'll glide, on an airplane
Can't stop the race, I'm on a chase
for better days to come

So I'll run out into the world in my youthful haste
and do my best to weather the storm and find my place
Yeah, pedal to the floor and worries to the wind
Gonna leave this lonesome town and not look back again

So I'll ride, Yeah I'll ride all night
and I'll glide, on an airplane flight
Won't stop the race, I'm on a chase
for better days

Bridge:

There are better days to come because my life has just begun
My feet are swift, I'm early in the race
and when I look back on all my hard times come and gone
I'll be glad I never stopped the chase, yeah, never stop the chase

I am stuck inside the walls of a lonesome town
Yeah I am stuck inside the walls of a lonesome town...

No comments: