Monday, September 15, 2008

Photo Walks & Looking Up The Old Cottonwood

Looking up the old cottonwood tree.



One thing about taking my camera with me on the same walking route is I have to see differently to take fresh pictures.
A different time of day and it's a whole new world.

It's usually too early in the day and thus too dark to take a picture like this, so I got into looking up trees! Hey, I actually got BLUE skies and a decent exposure of the tree trunk!

We have really old cottonwood trees around here, and the older they get the more character they have. The trunk bark gets really thick and chunky with deep crevices and the branches are crooked and bumpy. They look like they've been thru a lot. And they have, cuz they are OLD. Oh the stories they could tell us if they could speak!

I love trees.

No comments: