Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weeping Willow Tree


This weeping willow tree really stands out, in among all the other trees.
Looks like the long-haired hippie tree of the bunch.
I think somebody whacks it back without thought for appearance and shaping cuz it gets in the way of the sidewalk underneath it.

It's the last tree to turn and drop its leaves.
I suppose cuz its leaf system isn't as vulnerable to the colder temperatures.

So everything else will be naked except this one.
I'll see if I can get a pic of that.

Anyway, I captured its long branches flowing in the breeze one day.
It was a moment.

Full view of tree, pic taken 2 Oct 07:

Note: The trunk splits into two near the bottom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what beautiful captures!! the weeping willow is my fav among trees, to me it's like a slow waterfall of leaves that never ends :D I know it sounds funny :D
Don't you have these pics in bigger resolution?? They're so amazing!

Peace!! :)

PLDeere said...

Thanks for the post. I was looking for inspiration for a glass mosaic donor wall for a local theater. I wanted to use a weeping willow blowing in the wind. Your photos really helped me. They are beautiful.